I am a single mother of 2 and moving is the last thing that I need right now. But the time has come to move my family to a better environment and I have been SO stressed about it! Moving has never been a fun thing. So I signed up on a few websites and was bombarded with calls and honestly, everything sounded horrible. The reviews are so scary! I got a call from a young lady named Sarah and from the moment she got me on the phone I knew I would be in good hands. She explained the company in detail and told me she’s been moving people for years. I went online and was surmised to see that things with this company looked great.
First I used a good reviewer http://topmoversreviews.org/ and found this shipping company. I took a risk because of the good job evaluations and went with Orange Van Lines and goodness gracious I have never felt so stress free. The drivers came a little late but when they came they came with energy and will power to work. They saw my kids around and made sure to watch their language which I highly appreciated. They moved my things with care, watching not to scratch the walls or the floors. I was so relieved. I was moving a 3 bedroom house so there were many things put on the truck. I offered them lemonade for the hot work day and they were very thankful. About a week later I had my things delivered to me, it took them a while to get everything off the truck and into my new apartment, but again everything was handled with care and they were nice enough to put everything in the rooms I showed them. I am so happy I took the chance to move with this company. Thank you Orange, you’ve made this so easy!
I was referred to Orange Van Lines by a close friend. I was there to help her unpack her boxes on the day it got delivered so I got to see firsthand how the movers work. I can’t say I saw something I didn’t like. I got the number from her and called them first thing. I was transferred to a lady named Carrie, who sounded a lot like my cousin which I thought was funny! I had explained to her that I was moving very few things as it was just me moving from one apartment to another, just a few miles away. I was very happy to hear that they had openings in the schedule for the day that I needed my move done. Carrie was nice enough to call in and check if there was anything else that she could do for mea day before my move, which made me feel very cared for. The movers came a little late in the evening but turned out okay since all I was moving was a studio. They were out before I knew it. I must say just as my friend said, the move went great and I will definitely recommend Orange Van Lines and pass on the good word.
Don’t save on the safety of things!
For any variant of moving the cargo – things, items, household appliances, furniture – you need the appropriate packaging material. Orange Vanlines recommends using boxes for moving from corrugated cardboard. Texture feature is alternation of sheets of flat and corrugated cardboard, which makes the product more durable. And the more layers (2, 3, 5, 7), the more reliable the packaging will be.
Where can I buy moving cardboard boxes?
When planning a country, apartment, office move, be sure to take care of the appropriate packaging for your property. From us you can buy cheap but quality boxes, which we will pick up in the necessary quantity, and most importantly – in the appropriate strength class.
For most tasks, we use 5-layer boxes – they can withstand heavy weight.
4 reasons to entrust packing to Orange Vanlines:
- Our employee goes to the site for evaluation. With a small volume, you can tell the manager the quantity of the packaging material yourself.
- We provide qualified assistance in packing and moving, providing not only the appropriate boxes, but also special equipment, professional loaders who know the peculiarities of cargo securing – everything comes to the destination in one piece.
- We bring the ordered goods quickly, we work even with urgent orders.
- Packaging of equipment for the move also includes the selection of the optimal form of the box, very often – with a filler that will soften the impact during transportation.
Do you have any questions or need a specialist to come? Contact us, and get the qualified help from employees of company Orange Vanlines!
To paraphrase a famous movie hero: “Moving is a delicate matter!” Therefore, the packaging of the cargo should be carried out with care so that all your belongings reach the end point in one piece without getting lost on the way. Prepare some materials in advance:
- cardboard boxes of different sizes, but preferably medium and large,
- a special kraft paper, old newspapers as a last resort,
- the duct tape is wide and thin,
- a tape of the same bubbles you used to love to burst as a kid,
- garbage bags of different capacities.
Don’t get carried away with too big bags and boxes: when filled, they will be heavy even for a man in good physical shape. Do not turn an apartment move with the packing of things in anybody’s needless feat, which will have a negative impact on health.
What is there to pack and how?
There is a certain order in which it is easier to pack things:
- First, durable things, which include: bed linen, books, clothes.
- Then do the dishes and other fragile items.
- You’ll have to deal with the disassembly of furniture, as it’s almost impossible to transport it without damage.
- Household appliances always come last and when packing them, follow the instructions in the accompanying documentation.
Keep important documents, jewellery and money with you, as well as medicines. We recommend that you pack the box so that it does not exceed 30 kg. And if there are no weights nearby, use the old proven method: try to move the load with one thumb of one hand. If it doesn’t work, it’s worth taking away extra things.
You can study the market situation related to the move by using various reputable reviewers such as Yelp, Topmoversreviews and others. But this is often not enough and you need to take into account more details when choosing a carrier company.
What factors and services to pay attention to when choosing a company providing relocation services or transportation of furniture.
Types of services
Targeted services: only transportation of furniture, belongings, organization of apartment moves and office moves – or all kinds of cargo transportation.
When you visit the site of the carrier company, pay attention to what services are put emphasis. That is, if the site of the carrier company pays more attention to the services of cargo transportation, rather than moving, you can make preliminary conclusions that this company’s main direction of transportation of goods of different categories – delivery of building materials, garbage removal, etc.
Why it is important and what it will give you:
- The guarantee of cleanliness and equipment of cars for the transportation of goods and furniture. Since the car, when widely used in the category of cargo transportation, could carry construction materials or construction debris, metal (rust), items with grease (oil contamination). Accordingly, the vehicle may come to you after performing this type of service with an unclean body. Which will add to the trouble of cleaning the items from the above mentioned transportation.
- Also, pay attention to the description of services such as disassembly and assembly of furniture.
If you see on the company’s website the target topic of this type of service, then you can pay attention to this company. If this topic is not described in detail for their potential customers as the main service to move, it is desirable to think about whether this company will work with the furniture qualitatively.
Why is it important – if the company provides services to furniture makers, respectively, each specialist has its own individual tool for the work. It often happens when the company on its resources advertise the service of disassembly and assembly of furniture, but on the fact of arrival to you “specialists” it turns out that they do not have a basic set of screwdrivers, hexagons, keys, etc., not to mention professional tools and run or wait for the driver to ask him for a tool. Which, accordingly, is already delaying the relocation process.
Why is it important and what it will give you:
Guarantee that movers – furniture makers have the necessary tools and equipment to work with furniture. Since unscrewing furniture fasteners are not suitable tools, can lead to damage to the furniture.
If you are still convinced that professionals will come to you, but it turns out that they do not have tool kits, we recommend that you cancel the order immediately, as it is cheaper to refuse the services of this company than then do additional repairs (at best).
What additional services and offer the company provides. Any company that offers relocation services provides a full range of services, from assistance in packing personal belongings to dismantling and installation in a new premises.
Why it is important and what it will give you:
Will you be able to order all the necessary services, packaging material for the transport of equipment, things, furniture in one company, or you need to spend time yourself to find and buy the necessary materials for packaging, and search for additional specialists to, for example, turn off the washing machine, remove chandeliers, remove blinds, boiler, etc.
Dispatcher service or company with its own permanent staff.
Check with the company’s operators whether it is a control room or a company with its own permanent staff.
Why it is important and what it will give you:
- Trucking control – looking for people and a vehicle to fulfill your request. And it directs whoever it finds to you.
- the company with its permanent staff, sends to you employees, preliminarily giving you the numbers of the car and the name of the executor of the application.
It is also responsible for the safety of your property.
For any variant of moving the cargo – things, items, household appliances, furniture – you need the appropriate packaging material. Orange Vanlines recommends using boxes for moving from corrugated cardboard. …
To paraphrase a famous movie hero: “Moving is a delicate matter!” Therefore, the packaging of the cargo should be carried out with care so that all your belongings reach the end point in …